DescriptionGrays Hills Station is named for William Arthur Gray, who applied for the run in 1858, although within that same year it was owned by John Hayhurst. Grays Hills subsequently had several owners before being purchased by Alexander Grant in 1881. The station stayed in the Grant family until 1948.
The Grant family beside their homestead on Grays Hills Station, McKenzie, circa 1885.
Image courtesy of the South Canterbury Museum, item 1879. Please contact the museum for more information.